Such an honor to witness people showing up and doing deep work. Wow. Every Monday morning at 8:30 when I leave the Wheeeee! tele-fun conference, I sit back for a moment and take it all in – the courage, laughter, willingness, shakiness, warmth. This is what nurtures my love affair with human beings.
Today we got curious about the question What helps me prioritize? Over the years, I’ve noticed that, as the complexity of the world and the uncertainty of life became more apparent, the difficulty of discerning, prioritizing and choosing has increased. How do we know what to do, what to choose when black-and-white is replaced by a rainbow of possibilities? Is there some internal compass we can navigate by? Here’s a playful way to explore this:
- Take a deep, deep breath and let it out with a sigh. Repeat.
- Stretch your body in all directions. Shake it out. Notice what’s tense – breathe into it and relax.
- Close your eyes.
- There’s a place in you that knows how to choose – put your hand there now. Trust yourself. Breathe and connect to this place of knowing within you.
- Raise your hand in the air and begin to move it, dancing on behalf of your inner authority, your ability to discern what your priorities are. If there’s a sound that accompanies your dancing hand, you can let it out. Dance for at least 1 minute.
- Find a place of stillness and silence. Breathe in and blow your breath out slowly through your lips.
- Open your eyes – notice, journal, doodle.
- What affirmation will you use this week to support your trust in your inner knowing?
[This activity powered by InterPlay]
Joyfully yours, Nika