There’s a lot we might feel concerned about in our lives, and in our world right now. It’s good to be awake, paying attention, and feeling compassion for ourselves, others, and our planet.
It’s also good to take a break, let go and lighten up! This morning, participants on the free Wheeeee! tele-fun call gathered up their concerns, danced on behalf of them, and then released them into the morning light. Letting go is an act of self-care. Letting go doesn’t mean that we are selfish or don’t care. Letting go gives us the breathing space necessary to continue to care and to find the energy to take action on behalf of what we care about. If we don’t find ways to release our overwhelmed state, we risk burning out and no longer having the energy to pay attention or care.
Try what we did this morning…
- Breathe and sigh deeply; stretch and breathe again
- Put your palm on your forehead. If your mind has concerns, let them flow into your palm. Breathe & sigh.
- Put your palm on your throat. Let your concerns about speaking your truth flow into your palm. Breathe & sigh.
- Put your palm on your heart. Let your concerns about those you love flow into your palm. Breathe & sigh.
- Put your palm on your belly. Even if you can’t name the concerns in your gut, let them flow into your palm. Breathe & sigh.
Holding your concerns with respectful attention, lift your palm and let it dance. Let your hand move you around the room. Dance on behalf of all the concerns your hand now holds. Open your palm wide, move your fingers, and sense the concerns dancing right out of your hand and into the light around you. Let your hand lighten up – notice the lightness in your hand, body and mind.
Journal about what you notice from this experience.
Breathe and sigh……..and be well.