Whoah. Mmmmmm. This morning’s free weekly tele-fun call just ended. I’m a little awestruck by both the gathered power of 11 women crackling and blazing in the virtual realm and the experience of conducting that powerful connection. For me, it felt like twirling fire.
We forget our power. We abuse our power. We give our power away. Now it’s time for us to have and use our power with integrity and connectedness. Our power fuels our actions as we step into purpose and make the life, and the world, we want to live in. This morning, we performed a fire dance that ignited the glowing coals of individual liveliness. Here’s how:
- Warm yourself up – breathe, stretch, shake, breathe noticing how big you are, move around the room
- Get the fire going – breathe in and out 4-5 times forcefully through your pursed lips, pushing the breath with your abdomen
- Fire breathe into your cupped hands, feeling the warmth of your power
- Now do your fire dance for 2 or 3 minutes, exploring the full range of your powerful self from glowing coal to crackling bonfire.
- Find an ending to your dance and fill the warmth pulsing in you.
Spend some time noticing, writing, drawing about this experience. You might also explore these questions: